Even if you are in the Work From Home condition, you have a friendly and easy function to use which helps you work more flexibly with Google Meet.
Google Meet Updating again with a User-friendly concept. Google got many feedbacks from Google Workspace users to update some function such as;
– For the layout, you can select what kind of window you want, grid view or a separate window. You can resize, change position or hide it as well.
– For your self-view, you can see yourself on the right bottom of the Meet window if you select a grid view.
Viewing and sharing the screen
– You can see the screen sharing while you are presenting the screen in the meeting.
– Unpin the sharing window and show more and larger video feeds.
– All of the participant names are always visible regardless of meeting size.
The bottom tab
– Participant lists, chat, and activities will be showing on the right bottom of the Meet window. You will have more space to see all participants and contents.
– Control buttons are gathered in one place and you can find the descriptions when you hover.
– Leave call button stays away from Camera/Microphone button to avoid you to leave the call accidentally.
– The bottom line will be always showing even when you use captions or bottom video feeds.
– The speaker’s tile will be outlined in blue.
– Mute signals will be subdued not to catch your attention.
– When many participants join the Meet, it will change to the grid for you to see who just joined the Meet.
From these updates you can get a new experience with online meetings better and easier.
What should you know about this update?
– User will see a banner that says “Meet has a new look” when it’s ready.
– For those who are using extensions on Meet (including the Grid View extension), it might affect this update. To avoid it, you can try to remove such extensions.
– To avoid mirroring, we recommend you to share a different window or a tab instead of the entire screen.
– For some cases, other participants might see a cropped version of your video feed.
Source: Google Workspace Updates