Previously, the “Breakout rooms” function was available for G Suite Enterprise for Education customers only. But from now it launched for G Suite and Google Workspace already which today we will introduce to you about this function.
We know who is using Google account waiting for this “Breakout rooms” function on Google Meet. For this function you can use it for group work or discussion with participants in the meeting and the host of Meet can custom each room’s members by her/himself.
Also we would like to share the “Breakout rooms” function on Google Meet has some features that are very unique. You can check more information below;
• Ask for help For participants, In case you are in the breakout room, you can click on “Ask for help” from the host anytime which host will be able to see notification from the moderator panel.
• Timer/Countdown For host, can manage about time with timer and set the time to finish the breakout rooms which participants will see a notification tab on top of the Meet window. The countdown tab will show up in the last 30 seconds, once the time comes the participant will be moved to the main room automatically.
What should you know about “Breakout rooms”?
• Host can start the “Breakout rooms” from PC only.
• Only host have permission to manage and set a time for the “Breakout rooms” and also in the meeting have only one host.
• For now, live streaming and recording the video in “Breakout rooms” is not available.
• For participants, they need to log in to their Google account before joining Meet via PC or devices. In case, some participants do not log in to their Google account. That person will not be allowed to join the “Breakout rooms”.
Source: G Suite Updates