The new feature that will help you to make a meeting easier which you can know the working hours of your colleagues in Google Calendar.
Content: Previously, if you wanted to create an activity in your Calendar, whether meeting with your colleagues or make an appointment with your customers which you cannot know their working hours at all. Moreover, this kind of situation will waste your time to check their availability or working hours.
With the new feature, you can see the working hours of your colleagues or who you want to invite to an activity in Calendar. This working hours feature including:
• Show working hours in grid view on Calendar. In case you are creating new activity by “Meet with…” (left side of the Calendar window) function. You will see the working hours of who you inviting with a grid view.
• Notification for event creators. If you are creating an activity or appointment with someone, you will see the notification appear.
• The working hours will be shown automatically by default settings. This function will turn on by default settings, but users can turn off this function from the settings as well.
How to use this function
You can use this function automatically by default settings as per the following steps:
• Open Calendar and go to “Meet with…” function.
• Fill the email address or name of who you want to create an activity with.
• Then you will see the working hours of that person in a grid view.
How to set the working hours for users
You can set the working hours as per the following steps:
• Open Calendar and go to “Settings”
• Click “General”
• Go to “Working hours”
Then you can adjust your working days and times.
This function will help you and your colleagues who subscribe to your Calendar a lot because you can cooperate with your team more smoothly such as reduce more time to find the availability of your colleagues, and you can manage time more efficiently.
Note: If you want to see the working hours of the external users, you need to have the permission to access to the user’s calendar. Otherwise, you cannot be able to see their working hours.
Source: G Suite Updates